“NRA Personal Protection Inside the Home”
Keith Mazza Certified NRA Firearms Instructor and Personal Protection & Security Expert
Fred Hauber Certified NRA Instructor/Training Counselor & USCCA Certified CCW Instructor
DATE: Saturday, December 8, 2018
TIME: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
LOCATION: 840 Piney Hollow Rd,
Winslow Township, NJ 08043
Contact Keith Mazza :(856) email@example.com
Contact Fred Hauber : (609) firstname.lastname@example.org
How would you protect your family from a home invasion?
Short Description: Teaches the basic knowledge, skills, and attitude essential to the safe and efficient use of a handgun for protection of self and family, and to provide information on the law-abiding individual’s right to self-defense.
This Course Will Cover:
- Introduction to Defensive Shooting
- Basic Defense Pistol Skills
- Firearms and the Law: Possession, Ownership and the use of Deadly Force
- Strategies for Home Safety & Responding to a Violent Confrontation
- Selecting a Pistol for Self-Defense
- Each Student is required to bring a handgun, Eye and Hearing protection and at least 100 rounds of ammunition
Prerequisite: This course is for law-abiding adult citizens, as defined by applicable federal, state, or local law, and experienced shooters (shooters able to show mastery of the basic skills of safe gun handling, shooting a group, zeroing the firearm, and cleaning the firearm). Prospective participants can demonstrate that they have the requisite knowledge, skills, and attitudes by producing an NRA Basic Pistol Course Certificate, NRA FIRST Steps Course Certificate, NRA pistol competitive shooting qualification card, military DD 214 with pistol qualification, or by completed a pre-course qualification with our Instructors.
“NRA Personal Protection Inside the Home”
SECTION 1: Introduction to Defensive Shooting:
- The importance of using a firearm responsibly and ethically for personal protection.
- The importance of developing the proper mindset for using a firearm for personal protection and facing a life threatening encounter.
- How to evaluate mental awareness using the four levels of awareness.
- The importance of mental preparation and physical training for a potentially life threatening confrontation.
SECTION 2: Basic Defensive Pistol Skills:
- The fundamentals of defensive marksmanship.
- Defensive accuracy.
- Shooting from a 2 handed stance in a standing position.
- The difference between cover and concealment and how to identify each.
- Shooting in the center of mass.
- Using a flash sight picture
- Using cover and concealment
- From a kneeling position
- At close range using point shooting
SECTION 3: Firearms and the Law: Possession, Ownership, and the use of Deadly Force:
- The key provisions of the law pertaining to the purchase, transfer and possession of pistols.
- The key provisions and restrictions within the law pertaining to the use of deadly force.
- Potential criminal, civil legal actions that may be taken against one subsequent to a defensive encounter.
- Firearms and the Law, and Legal Aspects of Self-Defense, is conducted by an attorney licensed to practice law within the state in which this course is given and who is familiar with this area of the law, or a Law Enforcement Officer (LEO) who possesses an intermediate or higher Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) certificate granted within the state, or an individual currently certified to instruct in this area of the law by the state in which this course is presented.
SECTION 4: Strategies for Home Safety and Responding to a Violent Confrontation:
- Strategies and methods to enhance personal safety at home.
- Strategies for responding to a potentially life threatening encounter.
- The importance for preparing for the aftermath of a violent confrontation.
- The methods for safely storing a personal protection pistol.
SECTION 5: Selecting a Pistol for Self-Defense:
- The criteria for selecting a pistol and ammunition suited to individual self defense needs.
- The major cartridge designs available for practice and personal protection, the use advantages and disadvantages of each type.