Sunday, November 5, 2017
Time: Begins 9:00 a.m. (4 hour course)Location: South Jersey Shooting Club, 840 Piney Hollow Rd., Winslow Townnshp, NJ 08043
Cost: $200.00 per person
Participants are responsible for purchasing and bringing ear and eye protection!
Pistol provided for course instruction or you may bring a pistol registered to you. If bringing your own pistol you will need 1 box of your own ammo.
Pre-paid registrations accepted only. Fees are non-refundable.
Lesson 1: Pistol Knowledge and Safe Gun Handling
- Identify the principal parts of a pistol and the types of pistol actions, and demonstrate how they function.
- NRA Rules for Safe Gun Handling.
- Demonstrate how to handle a pistol in a safe manner.
Lesson 2: Ammunition Knowledge and the Fundamentals of Pistol Shooting
- Identify the different components of a pistol cartridge.
- Understanding the firing sequence of a cartridge.
- How to properly identify and store ammunition.
- Understanding the major types of cartridge malfunctions and how to react to them.
- The fundamentals of pistol shooting.
Lesson 3: Firing the First Shots
- The knowledge, skills and attitude necessary to assume the bench rest shooting position with a pistol.
- Safely shoot a pistol from the bench rest position, using the fundamentals of pistol shooting of targets on a range.
- Safely demonstrate the knowledge, skills and attitude to assume a two handed standing shooting position with a pistol.
- Safely shoot a pistol from a two handed standing shooting position, using the fundamentals of pistol shooting, at a target on a range.
Lesson 4: Scoring Targets, and Selecting and Maintaining Your Pistol
- Properly score a pistol target.
- The basic guidelines for selecting and purchasing a pistol.
- Identify the materials needed to clean a pistol. Demonstrate how to safely clean a pistol.
NRA certificate of completion provided upon course completion!